Pages

Saturday 1 September 2012

Theme day: People watching ... pesäpallo

A pesäpallo game (finnish baseball) is about to start. The audience is gathering. Too bad I didn't have time to wait for the game to start. Pesäpallo has some similarities with baseball but it is still pure finnish game. You can read more about it here in the wikipedia. The game that is about to start is between two local teams SMJ and Jymy. I think they are playing for qualification to the main leaque.

This is my contribution to the CDP Theme day. You can see here what others have posted.

6 comments:

  1. I'm off to check out your link - this is a new game for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope everyone enjoyed themselves.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Finnish baseball??? First time ever I´ve heard about it, I´ll search on the link.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I never thought of a sporting event - this is a nice photo for the theme. I like that there is a roof over the stands.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have seen this game on Swedish TV, (Finnish TV station), it is a rather unique sport I think.

    ReplyDelete

Please write a comment using this form. All comments suspected to be of commercial purpose will be removed.